Ready to expand your business in the second-largest country in the world? August 9, 2018 marks the official date the ARIIX Canada office will open to service our Canadian friends. With a population of more than 34 million, there is plenty of room for you to grow your business in this incredible market! Read on to find out why Canada is your next big opportunity.
1. Millennials love Canada
The population segment born between 1981 and 1996 is now one of the world’s largest demographic groups, adding up to 1.8 billion people — which equals about one quarter of all the people on the planet! And according to a survey published by the U.S. News & World Report, when it comes to attitudes among 18 to 35-year-olds toward the world’s most developed nations, they rank Canada as the best country in the world. Low unemployment rates, home ownership, and a high average income all contribute to this ranking. This young marketing segment in Canada is ideal for expanding your ARIIX opportunities!
2. Canada is the best country for business
In its recently published annual list of “The Best Countries for Business,” Forbes ranked Canada number one based on several criteria, including innovation, technology, investor protection, stock market performance and personal freedom. Business is booming in Canada — don’t miss out on your chance to grow!
3. Canada leads the world in entrepreneurial spirit
In a recent survey conducted by the Global Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Canada was ranked as the second most entrepreneurial country in the world. Factors affecting this ranking included: opportunities perception, human capital and competition, internationalization, risk capital, cultural support, start-up opportunities and risk acceptance. So don’t be afraid to take a chance in Canada!
4. Canada is one of the happiest countries in the world
The World Happiness Report recently ranked Canada among the happiest on the planet, based on GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, social freedom, generosity and absence of corruption. Not only is Canada one of the world’s wealthiest nations, but the people there live longer, healthier lives — a perfect fit for the ARIIX lifestyle.
5. Canada is an amazing place
Not only is it home to stunning national parks and the resplendent Rocky Mountains, but this distinctive country also boasts more coastline than any other in the world. And Canada possesses an abundance of wildlife, from grizzly bears to killer whales. Not into nature? Canada truly has some spectacular cities that showcase everything from the country’s French history and its indigenous people, to its maritime culture. And finally, Canada has the longest ski season in the world as well as more lakes than the rest of the world’s lakes combined! Consider Canada as the perfect place to grow your business.
Tips for doing business in Canada
- People in Canada speak English and French, so consider providing business cards and other collateral printed in both languages.
- It may sound cliché, but learn about hockey. The sport is considered “common currency” in social and business conversations.
- Don’t just focus your efforts in the more populated regions of Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces — Western Canada is experiencing huge economic growth right now!
- Business communication in Canada is generally polite and direct, so keep your emails and phone calls pleasant but succinct.
- Canadians are friendly and happy people, so build and nurture those important client relationships.
Who do you know in Canada?
Even if you don’t know anyone in Canada directly, chances are you know someone who does. So work your network, and find new friends in Canada, eh!